Sunday, June 14, 2009

Pot Stoickers?

When I was a wee little one, my family and I would pile up in the Ford LTD and head out on our weekly SF trip to see Grandma. One of the fondest memories is this chinese resturant that we would always pass by. It was the most dingy place every and I bet they city would have shut it down, but it has the most tasty food ever. One of their menu they have tasty pot stoickers. Pot stoickers? Yes, someone missed spelled pot stoickers on the menu. I chuckle to myself when I come across pot stickers, I even mumble pot stoickers for the memories.

For the May Daring Cooks challenge, I bring you home made pot stickers. Tada!
These are Chinese yellow chive with baked tofu bits. These were tasty, but of course not as good as Mom's home cooking.
The Verdict

Papa Bear:
All I heard from Papa Bear was "nom nom nom nom." I think that might be a good thing.

The other bears
: These two brats were passed out from a long hike from earlier that morning.

Myself:
Good, but not quite like my mommy's pot stickers. One of these days I need to lure the recipe out of her.




8 comments:

Corry said...

Your pan fried "Pot Stoickers" look just perfect. Done to perffffection!!!!!

Audax said...

pot stoickers LOL LOL my best is "duck webbing chicken foot dumb soup" which turned out to be duck soup with chicken dumplings!!!! Love the photo series it is on the home page photo slide show!!!! Lovely colour on them Nice work Cheers

ice tea: sugar high said...

hahhaha... pot stoickers. sounded like something Tweety might say.

The dingier the restaurant, the better the food when it comes to Chinese restaurant. Your dumplings look great! well done

Lauren said...

Your potstickers, or pot stoickers look amazing!! Wonderful job on this challenge =D.

shen_nanigans said...

Your pot stickers are the bomb!!!

Lisa said...

I love childhood 'monikers' that stick, or shall I say 'stoick' with you forever! I have a few of those myself. Pot Stoikers is great! That said, your dumplings are picture perfect in every way, shape and form. Beautiful job!

Jen Yu said...

Gotta love Chinglish - one of my favorite things to peruse when I'm in a good Chinese restaurant :) Nice job on the potstickers. Yellow chives - yum!! I wish I could have gotten my hands on some of those.

Chou said...

Pot stickers are so good. We like to make them with friends (pot sticker party!) because it's so much more fun.