Wednesday, May 27, 2009

You are the apple of my eye....

The May Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Linda of make life sweeter! and Courtney of Coco Cooks. They chose Apple Strudel from the recipe book Kaffeehaus: Exquisite Desserts from the Classic Cafés of Vienna, Budapest and Prague by Rick Rodgers.

My work has been keeping me busy and I kept putting this challenge off till the 11th hour. This baking challenge was fun, but for some reason I was not excited or as motivated as I usually am to do it. I had to attempt this challenge twice as the dough was giving me a bit of problem. I kept rolling, and stretching the dough, but it did not stretch as far as I hoped nor was as flaky as I wanted it to.

It was a tasty challenge as usual. Even though if it did not come out as well, Papa Bear ate half the strudel.



The Verdict

Papa Bear:
Papa bear ate half the strudel. He suggested making it with strawberries and cream cheese. Ooh..that does sound mighty tasty.

The other bears
: I let my two little bears have a taste. The boy dog could careless about the apple and left it on the ground. My little princess was very eager to eat the apples so she took it upon herself to clean the floor for me.

Myself:
It was very nice. Very tasty with coffee. With coffee, I had two pieces.

4 comments:

Joy said...

Am liking the sound of strawberry and cream cheese - nice idea PB

Anonymous said...

Looks good! Glad the little bears got to sample this one.

Lauren said...

Yum =D Your strudel looks awesome!

Isabelle said...

Your strudel looks delicious. Great job!