Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Daring Cooks Nut Butter Challenge


I know it has been so long since I have blogged. May was a super busy month with my friend's wedding. June has been crazy with family functions and work. However, I did get a bit of a breather to partake in this month's challenge.

The July 2010 Daring Cooks’ Challenge was hosted by Margie of More Please and Natashya of Living in the Kitchen with Puppies. They chose to challenge Daring Cooks to make their own nut butter from scratch, and use the nut butter in a recipe. Their sources include Better with Nut Butter by Cooking Light Magazine, Asian Noodles by Nina Simonds, and Food Network online.

One word describes this challenge...YUM! I heart nut butters and have made my own nut butters before. I decided to make a cashew nut butter and make a asian noodle dish.

I have never seen my husband so excited about the result of this challenge. I think he ate 3 servings. He even asked if we could have it the follow day. This is definately a recipe that will be in our rotation. It was so simple to make and put together. :)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Audax said...

Yes this is a superb tasting recipe and totally delicious. Well done on this challenge. Cheers from Audax in Sydney Australia.

Margie said...

Your noodle dish looks great! Nice to hear it was a hit with your husband. Hope you get a chance to relax some time this summer!

Kelly said...

My husband loved this dish as well. He couldn't wait for lunch the next day to have the leftovers! Looks great. Kelly

Lease said...

that looks really delicious!

David and Stacy said...

It's always a good thing when the request comes in for a repeat...

Well done!
Stay JOLLY!
D&S