Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Daring Baker's Challege: Swiss swirl ice cream cake

The July 2010 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Sunita of Sunita’s world – life and food. Sunita challenged everyone to make an ice-cream filled Swiss roll that’s then used to make a bombe with hot fudge. Her recipe is based on an ice cream cake recipe from Taste of Home.


2 years ago I married to love of my life. We've been together for a total of 10 years, but finally decided to make it official. We did everything backwards. We bought the house, got two furry babies then decided to get married. Hey..it works for us.

To celebrate, I made us a special dinner. We did a round 2 on the daring cooks nut butter challenge (see previous post). And for dessert, I wowed my husband with this.

Chocolate swirl cake, homemade rocky road ice cream, chocolate fudge finished off with some vanilla ice cream. If you didn't just gain 10 pounds from reading this, you are just lucky. Once this was put together and finishing in the freezer, I was excited to dream up the different flavors that I could come up with. I'm thinking mango next.

My husband said the funniest thing, "With a meal like this, can everyday be our anniversary?" Aww..I love this guy. He's happy to eat whatever I make most of the time and I get free tech support. I am the luckiest girl alive. :)

2 comments:

Ruth H. said...

What a great anniversary treat! Home made rocky road ice cream, huh? My husband might be knocking on your door when he hears about that! Beautiful job on the challenge, and happy annniversary!

shen_nanigans said...

congrats to you guys! happy two year anniversary!