Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Feeling a bit creative...


I was approached by my coworker to make some cuppycakes for her twin nieces' 6th bday party. I asked if there was a theme. No theme, but she told me to use colors: purple, yellow, and pink. So I thought about it. What does a 6 year old girl like? Come one Linda, you can were 6 once. I drew a blank.

Then it came to me..bumble bees, butterflies, purple hippos, and doggies. If you can't tell by now,
I heart doggies.

I hope the 6 year old twins like the cupcakes. I test tasted one and it was super delicious. They really were tasty. I am not being biased at all.

So what flavor cupcakes did I make you ask? Martha's one bowl chocolate cupcakes

filled with strawberry filling and topped off with strawberry swiss meringue buttercream.
The buttercream recipe was created by the lovely Cassie from How To Eat A Cupcake.

We also have a lovely vanilla cupcake courtesy of Billy's Vanilla Cupcake. Since it was for a birthday, I added rainbow jimmies for a confetti effect. Papa bear shoved his cupcake down his throat so fast that I was not able to take a picture. I topped it off with some vanilla bean buttercream. This was something that I just thew together.

Happy Birthday Bella and Sophia! I hope you like your cupcakes.

Oh..Happy Birthday to my other 4 legged friends Ginger and Sir Davis. Ages 4 and 2 respectively.

3 comments:

Tami said...

How adorable!! These are the cutest cupcakes I've seen in a while!

... said...

these are so cute!!!!! so creative

Amanda said...

I love the little animals! Did you make them out of fondant? I have only gotten to the roll out and cut part of fondant, but I would like to be able to mold actual... things. :)

Did you just start doing it? Do you have any tips for a newb like me?