Monday, February 15, 2010

Don't mess with Mezze

The 2010 February Daring COOKs challenge was hosted by Michele of Veggie Num Nums. Michele chose to challenge everyone to make mezze based on various recipes from Claudia Roden, Jeffrey Alford and Naomi Dugid.

My husband and I loves anything carbs. So when this month's DB challenge called for pita bread. I was delighted to take on this challenge.

Here is the dough waiting to be flattened. Instead of regular salt, I used garlic salt instead. Yum!

Instead of the oven, to cook these babies in. I used my trusty pan. They puffed up just right.


Accompany the pita bread with some homemade hummas and olives. What a tasty bite before the big meal. :)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an interesting idea to cook the pita bread in the pan - I'll have to try that, too.

Lisa said...

I love the title of this entry! I also love that you cooked the pitas in a pan, definitely adds more flavor from the sear effect. Nicely done all around!

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

Oooooh this looks so yum!

... said...

looks yummy! I love that you cooked it in a pan.

AJ said...

I cooked my pitas in the pan too! I find they do much better than in a large oven.