Monday, December 14, 2009

Where's the beef?


The 2009 Daring Cooks challenge was hosted by Simone of Junglefrog Cooking. Simone chose Salmon en Croute (or alternative recipes for Beef Wellington or Vegetable en Croute) from Good Food Online.

The beef ain't here. So if you are looking for some, you will have to go looking for it elsewhere. Wait...don't leave! I was just kidding. At least take a moment to read my post. :)

Doesn't the salmon look yummy? For those of you who are not aware of a Salmon en Croute, its salmon wrapped in puff pastry baked until golden delicious. I think I might have gain a few too many pounds this month with all the holiday baking and this delcious Daring Kitchen challenge. You want to know what the biggest challege was for me? Finding watercress. I live in CA and to not find any watercress that just seems silly. I searched high and low, but no watercress. Instead, I made a homemade pesto sauce to go on top of my salmon. I hope I still get credit for the challenge.

Thank you Simone for this awesome challenge!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

syrupandhoney said...

You certainly get credit! Great job :)

Lauren said...

Gorgeous! I love the looks of your salmon =D. I didn't use watercress either!