Saturday, November 14, 2009

Can you roll with me??

The November 2009 Daring Cooks challenge was brought to you by Audax of Audax Artifex and Rose of The Bite Me Kitchen. They chose sushi as the challenge.

I had a feeling that Audax would do a sushi challenge because there were some previous challenges that Audax created that looked very sushi like. :)

This was a very fun challenge. I have been craving sushi and this fit the bill perfectly.

Preping the ahi tuna....

I heart my rice cooker....




















Sushi rolled and ready to be sliced. Now take a look at the finished product.


I made some california rolls to accompany the dragon rolls.
The husband was quite pleased with dinner that night. I finished the sushi making with a twist of my own. Fried chicken sushi roll. Sushi and some Japanese beer=a great dinner.

7 comments:

Ada said...

yum!

Ada said...

delish!

Audax said...

Well I'm impressed with your efforts and the fillings and toppings are wonderful and it seems you made the challenge without too much trouble and great you guessed the challenge yes I have been thinking about sushi a lot laterly. Cheers from Audax in Australia.

Wic said...

fried chicken sushi? I think I love you.
I know why your husband was a happy man.
It looks delicious.

cuppy said...

What a gorgeous chunk of tuna! Great find!

I also used my rice cooker! *high^5*

Lauren said...

Your sushi looks fantastic! Love the tuna on top, and the chicken fried sushi roll is so creative =D.

... said...

this rocks! fried chiecken sushi? WOW, now that's impressive!