Monday, September 14, 2009

My indian experience

Did I ever tell you that I never really liked indian food until I started interning in college. My internship was working at a software company owned and run by Indians. I learned a lot during my internship. Not only did I gain a lot of work experience, but I learned a lot about another culture especially their food.

My favorite indian dish? It has to be aloo gobi hands down. What's aloo gobi? Its curried potatoes and cauliflower. I think of it as comfort food. This month the daring kitchen presented us cooks with a special indian treat, Dosa!

Dosa are a Southern Indian pancake that you would eat with either chickpea or lentil curry. I decided to pair mine with aloo gobi. Yowza! This was tasty!!! What an awesome cooking challenge!!

3 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

I love what you did with this challenge. Your photos are great. I hope you enjoyed the dosas.

Lauren said...

I'm glad you enjoyed this challenge!! Your dosas look lovely =D. I love it when food brings back memories!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of using aloo gabi as a filling, and now I wish I did! That said, your dosas turned out lovely, and it's great that you liked them too!