Sunday, July 26, 2009

Nabisco got nothing on these!

The July Daring Bakers' challenge was hosted by Nicole at Sweet Tooth. She chose Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Cookies and Milan Cookies from pastry chef Gale Gand of the Food Network.

When I saw two choices of cookies I was too excited! When I first saw the post I was soo gun ho about making both of these cookies. Where did the month go folks? Does anyone feel the same as me? Does the months seem to breeze by? How did I end up making only one type of cookie? Sigh!

I decided to make the "Mallowmar" cookies. It looked like a very interesting challenge. Plus I have never made marshmallows before. I stumbled upon a recipe for agave nectar marshmallows. Don't know what agave nectar is?

Agave is
a natural sweetener with a low glycemic index that is made from the wild agave plant; an excellent substitute for honey.

Instead of using refined sugar, I used agave instead to make my marshmallows. It was so easy and super tasty. The best part? Its natural.

I dipped the marshmallows/cookies in melted grain sweetened chocolate chips. The result? Heaven in a cookie format. Nabisco makes these, but they definitely cannot top these!



3 comments:

Lisa said...

Your Mallows are perfext and look so yummy! Great idea to use agave nectar in lieu of the sugar to get the right texture marshmallow. MY dad is diabetic, and I was wondering if you could pass on that marshmallow recipe when you have time? :)

Pontch said...

Great job
your mallows looks delicious !!

Lauren said...

Yum!! All of your cookies look amazing =D. I love the shape of your marshmallow cookies!!